Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
I love that we put the patient and family first in hospice. A life can come into a dark place and we can help them realize that it s not as dark they think.
-Shannon, Social Worker
At Compassus, we are dedicated to compassionate care, clinical excellence and providing comfort and support to patients and their families facing the end of life. For our team members, this is more than a career it s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Hospice Social Worker to positively impact the experiences of our patients and families.
As a Social Worker, you will provide preventive, educational, and evaluative and treatment services to meet the psycho-social needs of patients and their families, to help them improve, restore, and maintain their maximum level of coping. You will utilize community resources and the members of the interdisciplinary team to aid in this process.
- Provide direct social work services and counseling, facilitate placements and monitor patient s adjustment
- Complete assessments of each patient, review and explain hospice services, and address financial concerns for the family
- Develop and utilize community resources
- Maintain working relationships with community agencies
- Provide education and in-services to contract agencies.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity
- Understanding and acceptance of hospice philosophy
- Ability to travel to patient homes and nursing facilities in the community
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- A valid driver s license and auto liability insurance
Education, Experience, and Certifications
(A) Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (preferred)
(B) Has a Bachelor s Degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work; and has 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting and is supervised by an MSW
(C) Has a Bachelor s Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by Compassus before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be supervised by an MSW
- Alabama Minimum requirement of BSW and licensure in the state of Alabama
- California Minimum requirement of MSW and clinical experience relevant to the psychosocial needs of patients and families; an individual with a BSW is not qualified as a social worker in California
- Colorado Minimum requirement of BSW from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, Master s degree preferred (MSW)
- Connecticut - Minimum requirement of MSW from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; an individual with a BSW is not qualified as a social worker in Connecticut
- Louisiana MSW from an accredited school of social work AND current, valid licensure as a SW in the state (LMSW), AND has 1 year of experience in health care with documented clinical experience appropriate to the counseling and casework needs of the terminally ill
- Massachusetts - Social Worker means an individual who is currently licensed to practice social work under the licensure categories of Licensed Independent Practitioner of Clinical Social Work, or Licensed Certified Social Worker or Licensed Social Worker.
- Mississippi - Masters Degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and at least one year of documented clinical experience appropriate to the counseling and casework needs of the terminally ill
- Missouri A social worker must have at least a bachelor s degree in Social Work from an accredited school of social work
- New Hampshire Masters degree from a graduate school of social work OR a bachelor s degree in a related health or human services field, with at least 2 years experience as a social worker and the individual has established a consultative relationship with a masters prepared social worker
- New Jersey - 'Social worker' means a person whom:
1. The State Board of Social Work Examiners licenses as a Licensed Social Worker or a Licensed Clinical Social Worker pursuant to N.J.A.C. 13:44G; and
2. Has either:
i. Nine hundred hours of social work experience in a health care setting as part of the master's degree curriculum of a social work internship; or
ii. One year of social work experience in a health care setting after licensure as a social worker.
- New Mexico Licensure is required, BSW is minimum education required but must be supervised by MSW, MSW is preferred education for hospice social worker
- Ohio Licensure required
- Oklahoma Licensure required in order to be titled Social Worker
- South Carolina Licensure required
- Texas - active licensure in the state of Texas as a master social worker (MSW) and one year of social work experience in a health care setting; or active licensure in the state of Texas as a baccalaureate social worker, one year of social work experience in a health care setting, and if employed by Compassus after December 2, 2008, must be supervised by a qualified MSW.
- Wisconsin minimum of BSW from a school accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and certification by the state of Wisconsin
- West Virginia minimum of BSW and licensure according to education level (LSW = BSW + license, LMSW = MSW + license, LCSW = MSW + practice hours + license)
Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. Compassus, including all Compassus affiliates, does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.